Unit 15: The Regions of the Modern World
The "regions" of the world somehow seem more indistinct when they are identified by different colors on the map. Do you notice anything unusual about this map?
must do in this unit
What you can do in this unit
- Review everything in the Keylor textbook and read the epilogue.
- Review my notes on Globalization.
- You may wish to
participate in the Blackboard online discussion of the final exam essay assignment before you take the exam.
- Take the Final Exam.
Some videos that you can watch for this unit
- You may choose to listen to some short remarks by your instructor about the final
as a mp3 file. You can also read the instructions as
a txt file.
Extra Credit Options
- Terra Antarctica (2009)
- For extra credit please suggest to your instructor a relevant video for this unit of the course. Send the title of the video, the url and a brief explanation of why you find the video interesting and applicable to the material that is being studied in this unit.
- For extra credit of a maximum
of ten points, write a short paragraph in which you explain what you
found most interesting about your study of history in HIS 135 (or what you liked most about the course).
- For extra credit of a maximum of 25 points, write a short paragraph in which you explain why you think it is important to study history (check these two links for more information, Historians and Why we study history).
- Suggest an assignment for use somewhere in the course. Be creative!
- For extra credit, please suggest a
relevant website for this unit of the course. Send the title of the site, the url and a
brief explanation why you find the information interesting and applicable to
the material being studied this unit.
This page is copyright © 2010-12, C.T.
For information contact firstname.lastname@example.org