Study Questions on Turgenev's Fathers and Sons
- How is the relationship between master and serf depicted in the novel?
- Discuss the concept of nihilism and its role in the novel.
- How does the relationship between Arkady and Bazarov change over the course of the novel?
- Why is there a great deal of tension between Bazarov and Arkady's uncle Pavel?
- How do the fathers and sons differ in their philosophy and politics? Their manners? Is
this simply a reflection of a generation gap, or does the rift reflect a larger crisis in Russian society?
- What year does the action take place? Why is this important?
All materials on this site
are copyright © 2005, B. Blois & C.T. Evans
For information contact email@example.com